The title for this post should have had the word Bling in it but I seriously have a dislike for that word....like it really annoys me...sparkle is a much prettier word, or glitter or...well you get my drift, I love anything that sparkles but that word is so not me! Two things today, one the lovely Kerryanne has tagged me for 7 random/weird facts about me, so you had better count that first comment as one, I will do the rest later and the other is this wonderful self linking, self swapping swap that Beth and Karla are doing.
Now this has been in the pipeline for sometime and I had every good intention of doing something wonderful to my birdhouses, but this was as far as they got..... and i must say after seeing some spectacular birdhouses at Beths and following the links on her site ( just click on her underlined name and it will take you there), I am sort of glad that is as far as I got. There are some seriously beautiful birdhouses out there, such talented ladies. Not one to be be a total party pooper though, I knew my love of birdhouses would pay off one day and I have these lovely birdhouses to share. These are appliqued wall hangings that I did a little while ago and actually had some of them on eBay in February but the birdhouse market was in a slump and they didn't sell. Which is very lucky for you!!! Yes, as I am feeling magnam... magnamis...magnamous...really generous....one, maybe two of these little numbers will be finding a new home with one of you! Simply leave a comment on this post to be in the running or the flapping and I will pick a winner on Monday the 31st March...gosh nearly April, where has the year gone? Don't forget to visit all the other birdhouses on display and with a few giveaways happening you never know your luck. I am hoping to win the lovely NEST ban ner at Beth's so you may as well not enter that one ( actually with my luck, go right ahead it won't make any difference, just don't brag about it OK?). Also if you have your own birdhouses don't forget to leave the link in the comment as well so we can all come and visit.
This little birdy collage is still listed on eBay and it is one of a pair and I am sort of glad they are still here because they are hanging off my hutch door knobs and they are so tweet..get it tweet....yep well I am a little tired .
OK onto this tag...7 weird/random facts...oh hang on I shall change colour, there lets see only 7 that shouldn't bee too hard now Kerryanne from Shabby Art Boutique has tagged me and strangely I find I have a lot in common with some of her 7 things so I really hope they are random and not weird...OK
1. I really really dislike the term Bling ( like I said)
2. I can not stand having dirty hands, I must wash them as soon as I have something on them....which leads me to
3. I can not stand newspapers, don't like the feel, don't like the smell and I give extra points to people who sell me vintage treasures if they wrap it in pretty tissue, or even plain tissue..just not Newspaper!
4. I have an irrational fear of going under bridges in the car or train (not that I have been on a train in a kazillion years but still) I am frightened that the whole thing is going to come crashing down on me, so I have to go through really really fast. I am not too fond of being on the top of a bridge either for the same reason. Huge source of amusement for my family that one.
5. I have lived in London for a few years ( I am Australian in case you were wondering) and was invited into Buckingham Palace for the Trooping of the Colour...hugely exciting!
6. Besides Lilly Cottage and those artistic endeavors, other things I can do or have done include singing in a band and recording a mini album, radio announcing, modeling ( short lived that one), nanny, personal assistant, nurse, event planner/ general lackey, playgroup facilitator extraordinaire, stall holder and many more but Lilly Cottage is my sole focus these days..which I love.
7. I was once offered the position of 'School Nurse' I am not sure of the exact title, but don't think it was that, for the boarding school that Prince Harry and Prince William were attending, but sadly my Visa was about to run out! Perhaps I should have asked Princess Diana one day...who knows....
Oh I could go on and on..see seven is nothing....finding seven people who haven't already been tagged though is...hmm lets see.. I might have to get back to you on that one, but if you would like to list seven random facts about you, leave us a link in a comment and we will pop over for a visit.
Right now, just to spell check this baby and move on to visit some more birdhouses...TTFN KN Linda Lilly Cottage.